Monday, June 27, 2005

Brilliant!

I am beyond impressed with this fantastic new device. It just goes to show that sometimes simple things really are best. We get so caught up in major medical advances and technological breakthroughs that we lose sight of the importance of simple, user-friendly, resources for developing countries.

In other news, God, I really hope Brazil breaks the patent. I know some people are saying that it would set a dangerous precident, but ffs, Brazil is one of the few countries really making an effort to provide antiviral meds to everyone in need of them. If the major drug companies don't pull their heads out of their asses and quickly we're going to see Brazil's middle age vanish just as we've seen Africa's vanish.

Man. I just have to say how impressed I am with Brazil right now. First they basically tell Microsoft to get bent, and now they are taking on the drug companies. Woo woo!

No comments: