I've been reading Mahan's The Influence of Sea Power Upon History, 1660-1783 again. It never ceases to amaze me how one little book did so much to shape the world we live in. I wouldn't suggest reading it, as it's actually rather dry and technical in nature. I just happen to be a masochist and a history major (not that there is much of a difference between the two).
In other news, this is tripping me out. According to Reuters, "2.2 billion litres of vodka was sold in Russia in 2003, the equivalent of 15 litres per person". That is simply stunning.
Do you suppose there will ever be peace in the Balkans? Once again, Kosovo is dealing with politically motivated violence. I wish I could say I'm surprised. Sucks for the UN though. It seems the UN is between a rock and a hard place these days, in places where they were formerly a welcome presence they are now being blasted.
What a wonderful world, eh?
No comments:
Post a Comment