Plans? What plans? The last few weeks have been all over the place for me. I haven't been able to plan a darn thing, let alone meals. I've been living on pb & j - no complaints.
I am cooking tonight though, so thought I'd post what I'm making.
It's nothing fancy, but it's a favorite of mine. The recipe falls into the category I call "slump," which I know I've mentioned before.
1 package of Smart Ground (soy-based vegan crumbles)
1 lb. pasta (macaroni or similar)
Veggies of choice (I use corn and black beans)
1 package taco seasoning mix (or mix cumin, oregano, garlic, chili powder)
1 cup salsa
So, get your pasta going.
In a big skillet, "brown" the veggie crumbles. Then mix in your spices or seasoning packet, if so inclined. Add 1/2 of water from the boiling pasta along with the corn and cooked black beans. Simmer for a few minutes. Once the pasta is cooked, drain and add this to the skillet with the veggie mixture. Stir together, top with salsa and then serve.
It's delicious. Honest.
If you were cool with dairy, it would be yum topped with a little cheese and/or sour cream.