For those Americans in the crowd who like to view American foreign policy through rose colored glasses, have a look at this. The US really screwed Liberia over, and they are still getting screwed over.
2 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Not wanting to state the obvious, but... every country the US screws over [and there are many] takes decades to recover. Sometimes tens of decades.
Sometimes, of course, it just gets annoyed with them and bombs the living hell out of them. Afghanistan? Iraq?
Osama-trained-by-the-CIA-to-defeat-the-Russkis-bin-Laden isn't exactly an isolated example ?
2 comments:
Not wanting to state the obvious, but... every country the US screws over [and there are many] takes decades to recover. Sometimes tens of decades.
Sometimes, of course, it just gets annoyed with them and bombs the living hell out of them. Afghanistan? Iraq?
Osama-trained-by-the-CIA-to-defeat-the-Russkis-bin-Laden isn't exactly an isolated example ?
I think you and I have talked about Liberia before, and the US involvement there. What a mess.
There's nothing wrong with stating the obvious. I do it all the time. (You do read my blog, right?)
Some naitons take the carrot and stick approach. The US has the carrot and bomb approach.
Post a Comment