This weekend I went down to visit my friend Lea in Oceanside (Hi Lea!). We went for a brunchy nosh at Hill Street Cafe. She had the Greek Salad and I had the Avocado Tacos. I have to say - the tacos were brilliant!
We then headed to Vista where I introduced her to the glories of Sprouts. It is one of my very favorite "inside" places to shop. I scored, because Dr. Bronner's was on sale. Woo hoo!
After that we spent the afternoon exploring the Strawberry Festival. Chocolate covered strawberries. Oh noes! Super yum. Now, I love a fresh unadorned super ripe strawberry - but take the same berry and cover it in white chocolate with a dark chocolate drizzle and I'm entering the sublime.
We also made a stop at The Yellow Deli. I had this date bar... holy crap and a half was it ever good! So good, in fact, that tomorrow I'm making an extra shopping trip to pick up dates to I can reproduce it at home.
We stumbled upon this Tortilleria. I bought fresh blue corn tortillas. I am stupidly giddy thinking about what delightfulness I shall concoct with them.
The highlight was perhaps our adventure in this "weird little book shop." Hippies, wiccans, whatever - they all smell like patchouli. Heh. Anyway! I scored a couple of fantastic cookbooks for 60% off the cover price.
So, in summation:
We walked. We ate. We drove. We ate. We walked. We ate. We walked. We acted like total dorks and giggled over silly things. We drove. We passed out from food indulgence.
A good day.
Next up: We need a Dr. Bronner's Field Trip! And there's some pie company in Julian that I must visit...
No comments:
Post a Comment