Listening to: Eminem, Recovery
Munching on: Tortilla chips
Yeah. I like Eminem. For some reason that always surprises people. Whatever.
Tonight for dinner I am making Stroganot. No, that's not a typo. I call it Stroganot because it's in the spirit of stroganoff - but it doesn't even come close to being authentic. Recipe to follow.
So - Meal Plan Monday.
Monday: Stroganot with noodles, salad, and these kick ass pluots I bought at the farmer's market.
Tuesday: Tortellini with my version of Puttanesca, salad and blueberry shortcake.
Wednesday: Taco Salad, mango-lime-slush.
Thursday: Homemade pizza, salad, and blood orange sorbet.
Friday: Going out. And stuff.
Stroganot
Okay, authentic stroganoff is it's own thing, and awesome - when you are eating meat and cream and such. Then there's the bastardized Suburban version of stroganoff - made with beef mince, canned cream-of-whatever soup, and sour cream. My Stroganot is neither, but incorporates what I like about both.
Saute a couple handfuls of good mushrooms in a glug of light oil - vegetable oil is good for this. I don't use olive oil because I don't want the flavor. Remove mushrooms from the pan. Make a paste with mustard powder and white wine. Put this in your pan, add some water, stir and cook for a couple minutes. Stir in some crumbles (Quorn, whatever), and your mushrooms. Stir in "sour cream" and quickly remove from heat. Serve over egg noodles, buckwheat groats, or rice.
No comments:
Post a Comment