There are many things I despise about where I live - the weather, the pretentiousness, the obsession with outward appearance, the irresponsible consumption and so much more.
However, I love summer produce. For $7.48 I just purchased:
3 cantaloupe
3 honeydew
2 pounds of green beans
5 pounds of peaches
20 pounds of potatoes
1 pint blueberries
3 pints raspberries
1 pint blackberries
Hooray!
I mentioned to a friend earlier when talking about food that there are a few food items which I think are always awesome. Sandwiches, "dumplings" (and I use this term loosely to mean "stuff inside of some sort of carby goodness", pierogi, calzone, gyoza, samosas, burritos, etc., and yes, having gone to culinary school I am fully aware of the actual definition of a dumpling, but so fucking what?), pasta and jacket potatoes are pretty much the best things ever. Just about everything is good in one (or all!) of these forms.
That said, there is absolutely no excuse for what I am currently eating, but cold leftover spaghetti sandwiches are tasty.
No comments:
Post a Comment