Inspired by the bowl of key limes I had sitting on my counter along with some asparagus I picked up at the farmer's market this weekend I decided to modify a recipe for this japanese soba dish I saw once - and though I remembered the gist of.
The dressing:
2 or so tablespoons of soy sauce
2 or so tablespoons hoisin sauce
1-2 teaspoons of lime juice
1 teaspoon of agave (You could use sugar)
Sriracha to taste. I probably used 2 teaspoons or so.
(A tablespoon or so of peanutbutter would be an awesome addition to the sauce.)
So, I didn't have soba noodles on hand, but I wanted noodles, so I boiled up about 1/2 a pound of spaghetti, then rinsed under cold water, tossed with a splash of canola oil and set aside. I steamed 2 bundles of asparagus and then chopped into bite sized pieces. I seeded and chopped up a sweet red pepper, and then chopped a small zucchini into bite sized pieces. I mixed all the veggies with the noodles, poured the sauce over and mixed well.
Yum!
No comments:
Post a Comment