If it takes shit to make bliss, well I feel pretty blissfully.
Seriously, what is up with the marrieds?
I spent the weekend being the support for a friend of mine who is almost a married. It was one drama after another, culminating in a 3am phonecall and many tears.
Yesterday my doorbell rang. It was a married friend of mine, who stepped into my house, and then promptly burst into tears.
Had it not been for a bit of a flare up, today would not have been much different. Instead I spent the day in bed. I wasn't asleep, so I did get to spend quite a bit of time thinking about all of this.
People always look around at the situations their friends are in and say "if it were me, it would be different. My relationship isn't going to be like that". In some cases I know that's true, but every relationship - marriage or otherwise - is destined to have problems. So perhaps it isn't about the problems. Perhaps it is about how those problems are dealt with.
1 comment:
Marriage is the domain of the still anonymous, yet certifiably insane. It is like Dante's Caina, where emotions die and we kneel, our heads bowed toward the ice, chattering our teeth and crying. it turns solids to nebulous gas and intense realilty into abastract vague, monotony.
Post a Comment