Saturday, December 19, 2009

Crooked on the outside.

There are moments when I am struck by how absurd my own particular brand of perversity is. To take a break and read something "lighter" than my usual Holocaust/Genocide-centric fare, I've been reading official UK government publications with delightful titles like, "Belfast Regional Survey & Plan Recommendations & Conclusions" and "Report of the Tribunal Appointed to Inquire into the Events on Sunday 30th January 1972, Which Led to Loss of Life in Connection with the Procession in Londonderry on That Day" AKA The Widgery Report. My lighter reading is about political violence in Northern Ireland, instead of Holocaust/Genocide material.

I am so warped.

It gets even funnier when I consider the looks I receive from people when I am on my break at work and sitting there reading such things. I imagine my co-workers would expect me to be reading some sort of Airport Fiction. I mean, they are after all the same people who assumed I would listen to bloody Top 40. Heh. It's certainly not the first time I've ever had to explain that, no, I'm not reading for school. Hee! Of course, what I do read for school isn't that much different. Mostly primary source material on really dark political or historical subjects. Oh well. I suppose that's just me.

On a lighter note: I've discovered my favorite sandwich place in Tukwila has opened a location nearby. Hooray! I'm going to treat myself to a #12 tomorrow for lunch. Mmm. Not that I wouldn't go anyway, but I've decided I particularly deserve it after the week I've had at work.

And so it goes. And so I go.

No comments: