Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Is there a ghost in my house?

I cannot believe how cold it has been lately! It's fantastic!

The cold weather has prompted some stodgy eating on my part. Baked potatoes with chutney and a fantastic farmhouse cheddar, gingery pear crisp, sweet potato soup, butternut squash patties, and a variety of other stodgy wintery dishes. It's been great.

Tomorrow for breakfast I am going to have the last of the bread I baked a couple days ago toasted up with the last of the compound butter I have in my freezer. Mmm. That's gonna get me raring to go for the arduous task of cleaning out my car in preparation for tomorrow's adventure. What adventure? My friend is accompanying me to attend a taping of the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson! YAY! If you are unaware of my appreciation for The Late Late Show and Craig Ferguson, clearly you haven't spent much time around me. Ah, Craig Ferguson. His show is one of the consistently bright spots in the general darkness of insomnia.

I've prepped some stuff to take as a picnic lunch for us tomorrow. We'll be having cheese and chutney sandwiches, tangy slaw, crisps and millionaire shortbread. Nothing fancy but super yummy.

At the moment, life is good.

No comments: